|Description||Position summary: Deconstruction crew members work as a team to disassemble
buildings in order to preserve material for reuse. This is a full-time position, 35-40 hours per week.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 7am-4pm.
-Position pays $14 per hour to start
-Paid vacation and sick time
Please fill out our online application here:
Required qualifications, work traits, and abilities:
- Some construction background / experience
- Experience using hand and power tools
- Ability to work in all outdoor elements and conditions
- Attention to detail and safety
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership experience/skill is helpful for advancement
- Strong commitment to the environmental mission of Re-use Hawai'i
- Ability to work as a collaborative team member
- Ability to maintain the ethical standards of the organization
- Enjoy physically demanding labor
- Self-motivated, reliable, and enthusiastic
- Ability to wear a hard hat, safety glasses, steel toed and soled boots, gloves,
ear protection, and a respirator, when required.
- Position requires lifting up to 60+ lbs throughout the workday.
- Individual must have the ability to perform intense and repetitive physical work, and
conduct repeated movement -- including prying, gripping, working overhead,
climbing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, and other related tasks throughout an 8
hour work day.
- Hand-deconstruct building structures, including: performing surface and
structural salvage, handling recycling and waste materials, and preparing
and loading salvaged material for hauling.
- Arrive on time and prepared
- Take care of the organization's tools and equipment
- Participate in daily safety meetings
- Follow supervisory directions
- Help maintain safe, clean, and orderly job sites by coordinating and
cooperating with co-workers.
- Reliable transportation to travel to the project location 30 minutes north of Kona
- Valid driver's license
- Cell phone, email communication
- 3 good professional references
Visit our website for more information about Re-use Hawai'i
Video about the job: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FUno2EmCC8
HiEmployment is an equal opportunity employer. This listing was last updated on June 13, 2018.